OMG HI. I have had this post sitting in my drafts for 9 DAYS NOW. It’s about time I get around to it. Tonight I actually have the living room and computer to myself for once, so, HERE I AM.
I have about one million things I want to post about and share, but I’m gonna stick to my guns and ONLY share an awesomely delectable, delicious, spin on meatballs…and guess what…squash is making an appearance once again.
My hormone reset went okay. The first two and a half weeks I was adamant about sticking to my “diet.” And, I guess it paid off. I’ve lost about 6-7 pounds depending on when I step on the scale. One thing this has REALLY changed and for the better is I no longer use ANY juice in my morning smoothies. I would normally water down coconut water or OJ, but because of the “no sugar” part of the Hormone Reset Diet, I just ended up juicing my own oranges and lemons. Sometimes it’s nice to change things up and reevaluate to see if there are any other changes that can be tweaked and added to continue to refine this food journey!
I have been busy all-up-in my kitchen lately. Between making meals I’ve also been busy mixing up things for Siren’s Song Bath Scrubs. Thanks to everyone who has supported me over the last year in all my random and spontaneous hobby endeavors! It means the world to me.
Hoping to get back to a normal posting routine to share about my bone broth and sauerkraut experiences and more. Today though, enjoy this awesome squash bowl recipe I’ve snagged from paleomg.com once again. What an inspiration that gal is, I tell ya! The following recipe can be found at paleomg.com, and I tweaked it to my liking. I added a bit more coconut milk to the soup, created a little more heat, and baked my meatballs. Hope you like it!
Thai Mini Meatballs and Acorn Squash Soup
What You Will Need:
- 3 medium acorn squash
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- salt and pepper
- fresh cilantro to serve (optional)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon soy
- 1 teaspoon toaste sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- ½ teaspoon white vinegar
- red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut acorn squash in half, spray with cooking oil, and place cut side down on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- While the squash begins to bake, mix all of your meatball ingredients together. Use a tablespoon to scoop small balls (haha) and place them on a separate baking sheet.
- Place the balls in the oven on the top rack when the acorn squash gets down to about 15-17 minutes left on their timer.
- Once squash is done cooking, scoop out the cooked acorn squash from the skin of 4 halves (save two for serving in) and add to a food processor or high speed blender. Add the rest of the ingredients for the soup and puree until smooth. I added a bit more broth and coconut milk to thin it out a bit.
- Top soup with meatballs and fresh cilantro. Serve immediately.
Summer is fast approaching so I need to lay off the squash a bit, but I LOVE THIS. And seriously, you will, too.
Can’t wait to get back to posting. Have a great weekend!