My air conditioning is on 😦 I am not a huge fan of running my air conditioner because I feel like it such a waste of energy (plus my electric bill will be higher). But….WHAT A LUXURY RIGHT NOW.
My school building has been unbearable this week. There is absolutely zero movement in the air and I feel as though I am swimming through it all day. We better enjoy this now here in Erie because before you know it, we’ll be snowed in!
Fall is my ABSOLUTE favorite. I’m pretty positive I’ve ranted about it before. Fall is my favorite season for foods, smells, activities, and the outdoors. Everything feels so warm, welcoming and magical come September and October.
Speaking of October…..come this October 16th The Paisley Kitchen turns ONE YEAR OLD! Wow! This has been such an incredible little journey and looking back, I am so happy with the lifestyle changes I have made. Not all have been maintained as thoroughly as I would have liked, but I get more time to try and get it right. That’s the beauty of being on your own journey of heath and well-being: there isn’t a set time frame or punishments to face if you’re doing it for YOU. It feels really wonderful to be doing things my way and in my own time. I hope you’re finding your own way, too.
A new year here at The Paisley Kitchen will bring some new ideas for upcoming blogs and a new theme! I’m feeling a switch up just around the corner…..If you’ve just joining me, feel free to explore the past posts from this year to find yummy recipes and helpful tips that may be of use to you. You can also read a little about why I began this blog in the first place!
Wednesday are always my Foodie day! I love sharing Pinterest finds, cookbook recipes, and mash ups I’ve concocted in my own kitchen. Quinoa is one of my most favorite foods to work with and I ALWAYS have it on hand at my house. It’s so versatile and really takes on the other ingredients flavors.
This Thai Quinoa Bowl is made with a homemade peanut sauce you can whip up easily in the blender. It’s packed full with veggies and tastes even better the next day…I would know. I am doing that right now. (hehe)
Thai Quinoa Bowl
What You Will Need:
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups of chicken or veggie broth
- 1 bag of frozen Asian Veggie Medley mix* (includes edamame, diced red peppers, baby corn, water chestnuts, and snap peas)
- 1/2 bag of broccoli slaw mix (julienne cut broccoli, carrots, and red cabbage)
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- (optional) cilantro for garnish
- (optional) roasted peanuts for topping
- (optional) Sriracha sauce for drizzling
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 3 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce (or liquid aminos)
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- ****a small amount of sesame oil (I seriously just do a quick drizzle. I don’t know how much that is! This stuff is potent so go easy.)
- salt and pepper to taste
What You Will Need To Do:
- Heat your oil in a large pan. Saute your onion for a few minutes until translucent and add your garlic.
- Add your broccoli slaw mix to the pan and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add your quinoa, broth, and seasonings into the pan.
- Cook on reduced heat for 20 minutes.
- Add your frozen veggies into the pan and cook for an additional five minutes.
- Top with cilantro, peanuts, peanut sauce, and Sriracha.
I buy the frozen veggie bag and slaw bag just to save time. You can easily dice and chop all those veggies yourself, though! Happy Wednesday! We are almost to the weekend….