It’s Wednesday, and it’s STILL RAINING! Seriously, Pennsylvania weather gods, WHAT’S UP? You know how good things happen in threes, well I believe the same can be said about bad things. Last night my parents’ basement flooded (ah!) and all of my school supplies I brought home for summer were either damaged or destroyed. Ugh. I was pretty upset, but I tried not to let this wreck my day. After all, they are just material things and can be replaced….for hundreds of dollars.
Anyways, no sense in crying over spilled milk (or a non-working sump-pump) and the other LITTLE things just going awry lately, but let’s talk PRESENT and FUTURE and HAPPY!
I am currently participating in an egg donation program and I am scheduled for retrieval either Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday next week. I had gone back and forth, back and forth for a while because July 2015 actually marks my ONE YEAR MARK of being totally off ALL MEDS!!!!!!!!! Getting into this donation program I knew I had to A.) go back onto birth control and B.) give daily hormonal injections that would totally alter my mood and naturally functioning body processes. I figured I can participate this one and only time in order to help a family grow even if that meant setting my own beliefs on medicines aside for about two months.
While on these meds, my weight has been fluctuating which makes me very aware and nervous. So, the one thing I CAN control right now is my food intake. Breakfast is super important and it’s my favorite meal of the day. Smoothies are usually my go-to because they are grab and go, but these Breakfast Bowls are super easy and just as portable as a smoothie! You can really play on your own tastes here and add or take away anything I have in the following recipe. This is just one of my favorite mixes which I’m sure would please any picky eater in your house!
Easy Oats & Strawberry Breakfast Bowl:
What You Will Need:
- 1/2 cup oats (I use easy oats or rolled oats. You can use steel cut oats, but they take longer to soften. This would be a good oat to use if you want to do the overnight method).
- 1/2 cup of almond milk or coconut milk (Use your judgement here. You may need a little more or a little less depending on your oats and your container).
- 1-2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or honey
- 4-5 strawberries, chopped
- pinch of shredded coconut
What You Will Need To Do:
- Mix all of your ingredients in a mason jar for grab-and-go or in a bowl if you’re chillin’ at home.
- Be sure to let the mix sit for 15-20 minutes, longer if it’s steel cut oats. You can always prepare these at night ahead of time and grab on your way out the door!
Try different fruits or sweeteners. Switch up which milk you use. There is a lot to be manipulated here to get it to your liking! I sometimes double my ingredients and mix my jar up for two days worth. The less I have to prep, the happier I am!
I can’t WAIT to get back to more regular posts like Sunday Funday with Intentions, PowerHouse Purchases, and my Friday beauty and body ideas, tips, and recipes. This Friday I will be posting about Dry Brushing which is a great addition to your morning or night routines. Lots of benefits to be had with this simple 5-15 minute routine.
Hope you’re all having an awesome week and staying dry out there!