Soups are a staple in my current eating plan because A.) they are easy, B.) they make a lot, and C.) they make it easy to get lots and lots of veggies!
I’ve been blending a lot of my soups into a puree which has been favored a lot in my household. I like finding different twists on recipes I’ve come to know and love but will not buy at the store anymore because of high levels of sodium or other unwanted ingredients.
We’re coming up on warmer weather so soups with less density should be favored (I’ll be sharing my awesome gazpacho realllllly soon!). This mushroom soup contains no “cream,” is lightweight, and is perfect for you mushroom lovers out there!
Recipe originally from Organic Olivia.
Cream of Mushroom Soup with Zero Cream
What You Will Need:
- 2 cups of cauliflower, chopped
- 1 2/3 cup of plain almond milk
- 1 1/2 cup white mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup spanish onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- sprinkle of red chili pepper
What You Will Need To Do:
- Put cauliflower, milk, onion powder, salt and pepper in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and let simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Cauliflower should be soft, and place the mix into a blender.
- Add oil, mushrooms, and onions into a pan. Saute on high heat until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms have shrunk and browned.
- ***Add the mushrooms and onions into the blender and puree all together.
You can actually skip the last step and just add the mushrooms and onions into the puree so that you have chunks. I personally like the smooth puree mix 🙂 Serve immediately and add a dash of hot sauce if you so choose. I have this soup paired with Zucchini Fritters.
Get out and enjoy this warm weather by making your meal prep a lot easier! Hope you enjoy 🙂