Okay….so I seriously have an addiction to Tex Mex it seems. Most of my current recipes in rotation consist of the same ingredients: beans, tomatoes, corn, rice/tortilla, cilantro and OF COURSE avocado. I actually Googled earlier, “How much avocado is too much avocado?” I was happy with my answer: Most people suggest a whole avocado being appropriate per day. You can split it half for lunch and half for a meal/snack later in the day. Some people were posting they were consuming THREE a day…..I WISH…only in dreams….But seriously, it depends on your own personal metabolic rate so I say EAT THEM ALL.
Anyways, these Burrito Bowls are perfect for preparing an easy mid week dinner without much prep time and you can easily pack the mix in a container for lunch the next day. Get your Tex Mex on with me (again) with these delicious Burrito Bowls.
What You Will Need
- **really, you can play around with adding or subtracting to and from the ingredients listed. Play up on certain flavors you enjoy!
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 can of corn, drained and rinsed
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch of romaine lettuce leaves, chopped
- cumin to taste
- cayenne to taste
- oregano to taste
- 1 liberal handful of cilantro, finely chopped
- sour cream for serving
- salsa for serving
- AVOCADO for serving
- Sriracha for serving
What You Need To Do:
- Cook rice.
- Chop and prep all other ingredients. Drain and rinse the cans of corn and beans. While in the colander, add in your tomatoes, red bell pepper, cilantro, and seasonings. Toss!
- Place rice in your bowl, lettuce, mixed veggies, and sour cream/avocado/salsa. Drizzle with Sriracha!
So easy and so good! Happy Hump Day!