Okay. This may be one of my favorites. I KNOW I KNOW. I say that just about every time. But, Mike and I could easily live off of these Enchiladas for forever.
These Veggie Enchiladas are low fuss and super yummy. You could opt out the veggies included for your own take on this meal. Afterwards, cool down with some yummy Chocolate Chia Pudding. I’ve been on a raw dessert kick lately because I really can’t curb my sweet tooth. Finding healthier alternatives is about my only option right now since I don’t want to deprive myself!!!
Green Spinach Enchiladas:
What You Will Need:
- 6-8 flour tortillas depending on the size of your glass baking dish
- glass baking dish 🙂
- 1 8 oz bag of baby spinach
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of garlic
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 packet of taco seasoning
- 2 cans of green enchilada sauce
- 2 cans of green chilis
- 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt or sour cream (I’ve used the yogurt every time)
- 1 cup of shredded mozz cheese
- (optional) sour cream for topping
- (optional) scallions chopped for topping
- ******** Note: Mike and I didn’t have the cans of enchilada sauce OR chilis this last time, so we opted in using Trader Joe’s Salsa Verde instead. I’m tellin’ ya, it turned out even better!
What You Will Need To Do:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and pour 1/2 a can of green enchilada sauce on the bottom of the dish.
- Use about a TBSP of oil to saute onion for about 3-4 minutes.
- Toss in garlic and saute the mix for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 can of enchilada sauce, cans of green chilis, (or 1/2 jar of salsa verde), yogurt, spinach, taco seasoning and cilantro and wilt all greens.
- Grab your tortillas and begin fillin’ em up! Put your mix in, then sprinkle with cheese. Add as much or as little as you’d like. Place the filled tortillas folded side DOWN in your dish.
- After all filled tortillas are in the dish, add a half can of your sauce (or salsa). You should have about a 1/2 can remaining. Sprinkle the tortillas with cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove and let sit for about 5 minutes. Be careful, they’re hot!
- Top your enchiladas with sour cream, scallions, and extra cilantro!
These are amazing and delicious. Enchiladas make a great mid-week meal and they also freeze really well!
I recently have found so many awesome recipes involving Chia Seeds. This one takes the cake…er, the pudding. Jello Brand Chocolate pudding used to be a favorite dessert of mine as a kid. I would top it with as much whipped cream as possible and savor every spoonful. This chia seed pudding is a great replacement and only contains 6 ingredients!
Chia Seed Chocolate Pudding:
What You Will Need:
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons of honey or agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons of raw cocao powder
- a few drops of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- a few shakes of cinnamon
Mix it up and let it sit for AT LEAST 15 minutes. It lets the chia seeds get all gelatinous. I let mine sit for a few hours to get it thick. Top it with strawberries or another fruit!!! Guilt free and good for you!
Hope you’re having a great Hump Day!