Heat up your night! I’ve posted before on how I will use tofu only on occasion because I try not to ingest a lot of soy. But, there are a few recipes that are just too good to give up. This has become one.
What You Will Need:
- 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- 1.5 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 4-5 teaspoons of turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- large bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
- handful of chopped scallions
- 28 oz. of coconut milk
- 1 package extra firm tofu cut into small pieces
- 1/2 package of sliced white mushrooms
- 1/2 package of frozen edamame
- squeeze of lime
- 1 cup cooked rice
What You Will Need To Do:
- Heat your sunflower oil in a large pan on medium heat.
- Mix in your turmeric and finely chopped scallions. Sautee for about a minute and add the butter.
- Sautee everything for about a minute more until it starts bubbling.
- Add the coconut milk and reduce the heat. Simmer for about 2 minutes more.
- To finish the sauce, toss in the cilantro, squeeze the lime, and add salt/pepper to taste.
- Remove the sauce and place in a bowl.
- Begin sauteeing sliced mushrooms and frozen edamame in a half tablespoon of sesame oil or regular olive oil. Cook covered on medium heat for five minutes or so. Mushroom should look browned and floppy.
- In another pan, add the rest of your sesame oil. (Add more if you particularly love this taste!) Make sure it is heated and HOT before adding the tofu. Brown the tofu on all sides on medium heat.
- Top your rice with tofu, veggies, and smother it all in your home made curry sauce. Delicious!
This is so easy and quick so it’s great for any meal rotation. You can play around with adding more spices or herbs to create your own curry mix. Have fun! Make it colorful! Any variations on curry sauce you like the best? Tell us below! Have a wonderful Wednesday and see you back here on Friday to give you an update on the transition into natural hair care!