Howdy! Long time, no post. This past week was busy for Siren’s Song Bath Scrubs, and yesterday we had a vendor fair to go to. Stop on over at the Siren’s Song blog to check out the newest products and what we are currently sold out of 🙂 Below are some pictures of some new products.
Dinners here have been minimal work and very time conscientious. We have been whipping up some of our easy go-tos like the One Pan Mexican Quinoa, but this week I splurged and got some nice cod filets. With limited time to prepare something and fresh fish in the fridge that wouldn’t last forever, I took to digging around on Pinterest and found the following recipe.
We have been trying to keep our meat intake low, but every once in a while I LOVE me a fish dinner. With some of the upcoming holidays, maybe keep this one in mind!
Baked & “Herb”ed White Cod with Tomatoes and Onions:
What You Will Need:
- 3-4 white cod filets (I used frozen but had them thawed prior to using them in this recipe)
- 3-4 tomatoes on the vine, thick-sliced (or, throw in about a cup and a half of grape tomatoes as is!)
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of oil of your choice
- 1/4 cup of panko or bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon of dill
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
What You Will Need To Do:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degress.
- Place your cod pieces in a baking dish.
- Sautee your tomatoes, onion, and garlic in 1 tablespoon of the oil.
- Take the other 3 tablespoons of oil and mix it along with all of your herbs in a small glass bowl.
- Brush the oil and herb mixture over the cod pieces. I got the under side, too!
- Sprinkle the filets with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the tomato and onion mix over and around the fish.
- Now, for the crispy top! I used Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs for additional herby flavoring. I spooned a bit of the mix over each cod piece.
- Carefully place your baking dish in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the fish becomes white and flaky.
For even more extra herb flavors, we paired our fish with rosemary roasted potatoes! Yum!
This meal is lean and taste incredibly good! Maybe save this one for Valentine’s Day…..hmmm??!!
Check back tomorrow for the next intention and some YOGA stretches and positions to create heat and POWER.