Aiy yi yi!! Had a busy and rough last few days. But, today is a brand new day and things are looking to “smooth themselves out.” 🙂 I’m skipping my PowerHouse Purchase this week in order to post my yummy recipe on its correct day: Wednesday! Happy Hump Day, yinz! It’s No Worry Wednesday in my book, so let’s take it easy with dinner tonight.
One Pan Mexican Quinoa: (Pinterest, I love you.)
What You Will Need:
- 1 cup UNCOOKED quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 avocado cut into pieces
- 1 lime
- 2 jalapenos chopped
- 1 teaspoon of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of oil of your choosing
- Trader Joe’s 21 seasoning salute (it’s a blend of celery salt, garlic, herbs, and such)
- pepper to taste
- cilantro to taste
What You Will Need To Do:
- Sautee your chopped jalapenos and garlic in the oil.
- Place all ingredients into the pan on medium heat.
- Let it all simmer (covered) and cook up for 25-30 minutes.
- ***I added a few dashes of vegetable broth to keep it from sticking to my cast iron skillet about half way through.
- Serve in a bowl. Top it off with a squeeze of lime, cilantro, and diced avocado.
DEVOUR THIS. It’s great for your protein and fiber intake for the day. End the day right and chow down on a healthy and deliciously simple dinner time meal.
BTDUBS, my kitchen will be transforming this weekend into Siren’s Song Bath Scrub’s production line. Keep an eye on THAT blog to see a sneak peek at the products. Have a great week!