I remember eating stuffed peppers as a kid and only scooping all the good stuff out of the green pepper. I HATED the pepper. I think it was mainly a texture thing, and, I don’t particularly like the taste of the green peppers. What a waste!
Since I have come to start cooking for myself, I incorporate at least ONE crock pot meal a week because it is so easy to come home to after a really long day. Cooking is no fun if you don’t have the energy! I’ve made stuffed peppers in the crock pot about a hundred times, but up until just recently, I believe my “go-to” stuffed pepper recipe has been forever changed. And these ones are baked! Check out this deliciously simple recipe below…
Chicken Sausage Stuffed Peppers:
What You Will Need:
- 3 bell peppers seeded and halved (color of your choosing!)
- 3 chicken sausages in coin cuts with casing off
- 1 bag of spinach
- 1 can of artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup blocked Parmesan cheese chopped
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- red pepper flakes to taste
- black pepper to taste
- baking sheet
What You Will Need To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the chicken sausage pieces in a preheated pan with 2 tablespoons oil of your choice. Cook the pieces until they are browned.
- After the sausage looks browned, toss in the spinach to wilt along with the artichoke hearts, cheese, seasonings and spices.
- Place your pepper halves onto the baking sheet and stuff with your mixture.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Honestly, you can use ANY veggies as your filling. Maybe try black beans, rice, or black olives instead. This is the just the mix that I have tried and loved. This is such an easy recipe and carb free. I use the chicken sausage as it isn’t as fatty as pork.
Add this into your rotation and you won’t be disappointed! Try it tomorrow for a fuss-free Friday dinner. 😉